Sunday 25 September 2011

Autumn

Autumn is one of my favourite seasons (second only to Spring). It might be the season of perpetual drizzle, grey mornings and the 'do I need to wear a coat?' dilemma, but it is also the season of knitted jumper wearing, good television programmes and the excuse to stay in and watch said programmes! 

Without wanting to sound like Pollyanna, here are some of the things that are currently bringing a smile to my face this Autumn:
  • Having a newly qualified hairdresser sister – hello, free haircuts for life;
  • Finally seeing a genuine famous person on the tube – it doesn’t matter if he’s now in Holby City, he was once in Harry Potter, Lost in Austen AND Spooks!;
  • Long phone calls with faraway friends;
  • Photographing everything, you can never have enough photos of Tower Bridge;
  • Writing - I’m not very good at sleeping so instead I write, doesn't really solve the being tired problem though...;
  • Typewriters;
  • Being greeted most mornings with ‘hello baby’ from a drunken old Irish man in Stockwell;
  • ‘One Day’, ‘Jane Eyre’, ‘The Help’ and ‘Wuthering Heights’ all being turned into films;
  • Making grand travelling plans that will most likely never happen;
  •           Detecting - I like to think of myself as filling the void between Nancy Drew and Miss Marple. I am yet to unearth any major crimes but just give it time...;
  • The ‘Instagram’ app - good for making photos look pretty and cheaper than buying film for Polaroid cameras;
  • And, this poem by Kitkat Pecson "I think of you in the in-between spaces. In the pause before the next heartbeat. In the clench of my chest before I exhale. In the swell of courage before I say hello. And perhaps one day, our lives will occupy one space. Touched shoulders. Clasped hands. Shared secrets."




'Instagram' magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment