Friday 13 May 2011

Le Week-End

I am now over half-way through my exams, so last night to celebrate I went to the cinema to see ‘Something Borrowed’, an activity I’ve had planned for the past three weeks, highlighting yet again that I really do need to get a life. Fortunately, it seems it was worth all the build up and I thoroughly enjoyed it, partly because of John Krasinski but also because of the lack of thinking involved, something that I have been doing way too much of lately. The cinema was also accompanied by wine and ice-cream, a move that I regretted this morning, particularly as I managed to drop the majority of my chocolate ice-cream on my brand new cream scarf.

As I now have a bit of a break between exams, and weekends in Reading can be quite boring, I decided to go to Liverpool for the weekend to get my fix of chips and gravy, cheap clothes shops and to see family, of course. However, just in time I realised that my surprise visit would coincide with a wedding to which I am not invited. Whilst I quite like the idea of crashing a wedding I wasn’t sure the bride would, especially as the last time I 'crashed' a wedding I was dressed in shorts and a t-shirt having just jumped out of a paddling pool – I was about 5 years old. So, as my plan didn’t quite come together I’m having to think of other things to do in order to put off revision for my last two exams. One of the ‘fun’ activities I've come up with is writing a ‘Things to do Before I’m Thirty’ list, which is likely to include such gems as: building a tree-house; getting a dog and naming it Derek; creating my own library complete with a slide-y ladder and opening a tea room. Hopefully over the course of the weekend I’ll think of other, slightly more exciting things to add to it. But seeing as I’ve got less than eight years in which to achieve all these things I should probably get a move on!  

The family pet, unfortunately not named Derek. (Photography courtesy of Lottie Buckley)

No comments:

Post a Comment